[Distutils] Making a tar.gz source distribution

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Nov 16 18:00:04 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes: > Distutils will try to
find it in the PATH. > > As far as I remember, the GnuWin32 tools adds
themselves in the path, so just > try to call "tar" in a prompt, if it
works, you are fine. > > If not, add it in the PATH environment variables >
added to the PATH cause it didn't add it itself, made a copy of bsdtar.exe
named tar.exe. But when I ran sdist it crashed. Fuck it. I'll just compress
with WinRar. Ram.