[Distutils] Making a tar.gz source distribution

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Nov 16 18:41:45 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes: > bsdtar.exe ? you
shouldn't have to rename anything, it's probably the problem. > > I use
myself cygwin under windows, and it works fine without any renaming. > What
was your traceback ? > > and what's your tar version ? > > $ tar --version >
> Distutils uses tar like this, so it might be that "bsdtar.exe" doesn't >
work the same way.: > > $ tar.ex -cf dist\archive.tar built_dir > > Tarek
Never mind, this is too much work. I'll just use WinRAR.