[Distutils] PEP 345 update + RFC on "Requires-External" and "Requires-Python"

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Tue Nov 17 17:20:23 CET 2009

>> So maybe I'm -0 on this field, since it does seems ambigous or the
>> information is specific to the distributions and not the overall
>> project.
>
> I am not sure why you say there's an ambiguity, because PyPI doesn't
> give the metadata
> of a project, but of a distribution. (and as a matter of fact, some
> PyPI UIs will automatically
> use the latest distribution of the project, but that's just a
> default behavior)

Erm, yeah ... ignore that last bit I wrote, it's just flat out wrong.
I think I said it because I quit drinking coffee and it's made my head
foggy :P

(although this idea probably came from PyPI's default behaviour, is
there a way to list all distributions for a project on PyPI? I guess
that's a question for catalog-sig)