[Distutils] PEP 386 status - last round here ?

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:22:42 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:49:55AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> so I don't see much of a problem with breaking
> forward compatibility in this case.

Indeed, but equally so I don't see an advantage in breaking forward
compatibility in this case (i.e. underscores in PEP 386 don't allow us
to express something that we otherwise couldn't) so PJE's argument of
practicality vs purity still wins IMHO.

And besides setuptools isn't alone in not liking underscores in
versions, it's just that the others manually translate the versions
before using it so can work around it.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom