[Distutils] Package install failures in 2.6.3 - setuptools vs Distribute

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:08:30 CEST 2009

2009/10/3 Ned Deily <nad at acm.org>:
> This is not a good experience for users.  Unless I'm missing something
> (and I hope I am), this issue really can't be hand-waved away.

It's unfortunate that this comes in a minor release. But at the same
time we can hardly avoid fixing bugs just because setuptools isn't
getting updated at the moment. It's a lose-lose situation.

As I see it this will speed up adaptation of Distribute. Word will
spread. It's not ideal, but then it's not a perfect world.

+33 661 58 14 64