[Distutils] Package install failures in 2.6.3 - setuptools vs Distribute

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Mon Oct 5 20:45:50 CEST 2009

I'm struggling to articulate something here.  When the maintainer of
the stable branch of a platform that I rely on says "The fact that
upgrading to our recent stable release will break this critical
functionality is so-and-so's fault, not ours." this reduces my
confidence in that maintainer.  Not because he's wrong!  Maybe it
*is* so-and-so's fault.  But what I'm looking for in the maintainer
of a stable platform is someone who says "Maybe this wasn't our
fault, but here are the steps we're taking to get you back on your
feet as soon as possible.".

Regards,

Zooko