[Distutils] Package install failures in 2.6.3 - setuptools vs Distribute

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Wed Oct 7 01:08:18 CEST 2009

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:25:04 -0700, kiorky <kiorky at cryptelium.net> wrote:

> """
> The fork was started by Philip Jenvey at
> http://bitbucket.org/pjenvey/virtualenv-distribute/ and this version by
> Florian
> Schulze lives at http://bitbucket.org/fschulze/virtualenv-distribute/
> """
> [1] - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv-distribute/

Just a suggestion: could someone make that /fschulze/virtualenv-distribute
site (the current 'home page' of the project) link to the launchpad bug
tracker? Up until now, I was not able to track down an issue tracker for
this fork .. until you posted the PyPI link.

This way one - who stumbled upon the bitbucket site - does not have to
pull the source tree and look in docs/index.rst in order to get the URL to
the bug tracker. (I had a bug to report a couple of days).

-srid