[Distutils] Distutils 0.6.4 this week

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Oct 7 12:50:49 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-07, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are going to ship Distribute 0.6.4 by the end of this week with a
> few more bugs fixed, whereas they were listed in Setuptools tracker
> (http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/wiki/bug_listing) whereas they
> were added directly in our tracker.
>
> If you had any issue you want to see fixed in this release, please speak up.

http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/23/warning-about-module-was-already-imported

The "Module pkg_resources was already imported from"-like warnings when
running something inside buildout are irritating.

They also break a script I have that calls "python setup.py --name" on several
packages to grab their name.  Normally you get the name, now you get several
lines of warnings, followed by the name.

Otherwise I have to go back to a regex :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com