[Distutils] the virtualenv-distribute mess

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 16:23:33 CEST 2009

kiorky wrote:
> Lennart Regebro a écrit :
>> 2009/10/9 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
>>> The *whole* point of Distribute 0.6.x is to be backward compatible, meaning
>>> that if virtualenv switch to it, you will not even notice it.
>> I guess the point is that is should still work even if you don't want
>> to switch to distribute?
>
> Exact, i want that distribute usage must be explicit, moreover nowadays.

Huh? Why? I just don't buy this. We've effectively had a bdfl
pronouncement that setuptools is dead. distribute 0.6 *is* now the "live
supported setuptools" so any project that relies on the package called
"setuptools" should now be using the "distribute" distribution...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk