[Distutils] PEP 390 - new format from setup.cfg

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:01:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:17:10AM +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> this is the PEP for setup.cfg, as requested :
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0390
>
> Please comment,

<, <=, >=, > and python_hexversion are not mentioned, is this
intentional?  (I'm not sure on what the result of feedback on this
was)

Secondly, where are spaces allowed in the section headers?  I'd be
tempted to write:

    [metadata: os_machine == 'i386']

But in all your examples you never have spaces after the ':'.  Would
it be worth being explicit about this?

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom