[Distutils] the virtualenv-distribute mess

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 13 00:25:26 CEST 2009

Reinout van Rees wrote:

> OTOH, grumbl ... horrible breakage ... essential piece of infrastructure ...
> allowed to persist....  I'm pretty grumpy right now.

I'd just like to point out that if anyone finds setuptools to
be "essential" to them, it's because they've chosen to make
themselves dependent on it. It's always been known that it's
a third-party package with no official support, and one that
does some pretty screwy things to boot. It's always been on
the cards that it would all fall down in a crashing heap one
day.

--
Greg