[Distutils] Distribute and setuptools: what are the differences

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:16:57 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 02:48:34PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
[...]
> and I am very much now thinking to avoid
> setuptools/distribute.

Nothing wrong with that, if you don't need any of the features
provided by setuptools/distribute then using them is pointless extra
dependency.  I've always avoided using them in my packages since I see
no convincing benefit compared to downsides, that way users have the
choice to use plain distutils or easy_install.  And I see not forcing
setuptools/distribute on users as a feature.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom