[Distutils] distribute equivalent of "setup.py develop"?

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Thu Oct 15 16:05:57 CEST 2009

On Donnerstag 15 Oktober 2009, Andreas Klöckner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've recently tried distribute, and much to my dismay found that it doesn't
> appear to contain an equivalent of "setup.py develop". Is such a thing
> planned, or, even better, available now?

Ah, never mind. I had screwed up my install somehow--not sure. In any case, it
seems all too easy to do that.

As a plea to everyone on this list: please keep in mind that what you decide
affects large numbers of package authors and an even larger number of users.
Please give us the packaging stability we need. The well-being of the Python
ecosystem is at your mercy.

Be excellent to each other--and to your user community.

Thanks for all your work,
Andreas