[Distutils] Proposal for Distribute 0.7

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:38:09 CEST 2009

>  that there are other people on the Distribute team who I'd
> seriously consider as committers on setuptools or even as a chief
> maintainer of the setuptools 0.6 line (if not more).
> ...asked me who those team members are

I'm asking.  Who are they and, if you are willing to give them access,
have you offered it and they've declined, or you were waiting
until...what?   You had Tarek's acknowledgement or permission?

We, regular Python users, have been asking for you to let someone help
with setuptools for years since you obviously have other priorities
and the various issues in setuptools have affected many of us in
various ways.

Are you really willing to let anyone help?  Really?

Do it, then, and let's just let this asinine infighting go down in
history as one of the stupidest things a language community has ever
done to its own credibility in public and move on.

Not having an evolving, comprehensive packaging system, that is
keeping up with the ever-changing requirements of our daily work is
really hurting the language, the community, and us, as working Python
programmers, every day.

Thanks,