[Distutils] Buildbot throwing a gear after default setup?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:13:53 CEST 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Nathan Yergler
> <nathan at creativecommons.org> wrote:
>> Looks like you're using a build of Python that wasn't compiled with
>> zlib support (--with-zlib, IIRC).
>>
>> 2009/10/16 ssteinerX at gmail.com <ssteinerx at gmail.com>:
>>> I've just downloaded and configured the Distribute buildbot and it
>>> appears that a dependency is missing somewhere.  I get this (just
>>> the errors excerpted).
>
> Nathan is right, but this Distutils test was supposed to check if zlib
> is supported before its run,
>
> I have fixed it in r75450. So you should be OK now.
>
> Thanks for noticing !

Cool, no problem.  I also reported it in the buildbot project on
BitBucket.

Odd thing is:

ssteiner at ubuntu:~/distutils-builbot$ cat bin/test
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

ssteiner at ubuntu:~/distutils-builbot$ /usr/bin/python
Python 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:58:18)
[GCC 4.3.3] on linux2
 >>> import zlib

works fine, so I'm not sure why it thinks it's not able to get zlib.