[Distutils] Buildbot throwing a gear after default setup?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:06:50 CEST 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:39 AM, ssteinerX at gmail.com
> <ssteinerx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

>>> Arggg... I am the typo master...
>>>
>>> s/now/not.
>>>
>>> So as Tres said maybe Ubuntu ships with a Python with zlib support,
>>> but doesn't provide zlib headers.
>>
>> Ok, so the python you build from the trunk checkout doesn't have zlib
>> support.
>
> Yup.
>

>> I couldn't find an apt-get'able one, it looks like you have to
>> build from
>> source, but the lack of zlib support should be picked up before the
>> unit
>> tests fail.
>
> Yes that's what I've fixed, so it should not fail anymore.

Where can I get that?  I pulled into distutils-buildbot and nothing
came down.

> I'll digg in zlib at ubuntu support in any case.

ssteiner at ubuntu:~/distutils-builbot$ aptitude search zlib

p   zlib-bin                                                  -
compression library - sample programs
p   zlib-gst                                                  - Zlib
bindings for GNU Smalltalk
i   zlib1g                                                    -
compression library - runtime
p   zlib1g-dbg                                                -
compression library - development
p   zlib1g-dev                                                -
compression library - development
p   zlibc                                                     - An on-
fly auto-uncompressing C library

# sudo aptitude install zlib-bin zlib-dev zlib-dbg zlibc

Not sure if they're all needed...

l'll rebuild as soon as I know where to get the changes.