[Distutils] Setuptools 0.6c10 released

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Oct 19 23:05:40 CEST 2009

At 11:33 PM 10/19/2009 +0300, Alex Grönholm wrote:
>P.J. Eby kirjoitti:
>>The long-overdue setuptools 0.6c10 update is now available on PyPI, at:
>>
>>    http://pypi.python.org/setuptools/
>>
>>Major updates and fixes include:
>>
>>* Support for SVN 1.6 and Python 2.6
>>* Fix for the Python 2.6.3 build_ext API change
>>* Support for the most recent Sourceforge download link insanity
>>* Fix for Vista UAC errors running easy_install.exe or other
>>   "installer-looking" executables
>>* Fix for errors launching 64-bit Windows Python
>According to the notice on the setuptools bug tracker, you did this
>by avoiding the use of LoadLibraryEx().
>I don't see any changes in launcher.c in setuptools SVN yet, did you
>forget to commit?

It looks like I managed to revert it in my working copy,
too.  Crap.  (Which is weird, because I know I built the executables
before and tested them on a 64-bit Vista box.)

I've reapplied the changes and put it back in SVN.  'easy_install
setuptools==dev06' will let you get it for now.

>  Or am I looking in the wrong place?
>I'd like to see your solution.

I changed the loadable_exe() function to be a no-op string copy, essentially.

Looks like I'll need to go ahead and put out a c11 tomorrow.  Sorry
about that.  Thanks for the prompt report.