[Distutils] PEP 345

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 17:17:00 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>> A quick scan of http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0345/ shows no sign of
>> any of the contentious bits of PEP390. What am I missing?
>
> That's the part I have not added yet. Markers are the "sys_platform ==
> 'win32" things
> discussed in PEP 390.

But PEP345 is about the metadata that appears in the installed package, no?

What use is it having conditionals in there at all?

>> (other than that 386 should be accepted and implemented asap...)
>
> Its implemented, we just need a consensus
>
> <flameware shield ;) >
> no consensus would mean that if a minority that have enough supporters
> objects the PEP,
> and provide an alernative, we would have another round.
> </flameware>

What are the current sticking points? I do remember some discussions
surrounding this but didn't see any active threads when I went through
distutils-sig today...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk