[Distutils] [RFC] PEP 345 and PEP 386 updates

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed Oct 21 13:18:41 CEST 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:48:00 +0200, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So do you have a use case where a Python distribution needs to use "64
> bit (the machine)"
> in order to provide a different requires ?

I wouldn't be too worried about this '64' bit issue.

Hypothetically, C library extensions can/could be different between 32 and
64 bit
versions. Maybe issues might arise sometime.

My original point was only that 'win32' constant from the stdlib sys module
is an
inaccurate constant to describe windows now. The stdlib platform module
uses
'Windows' and that seems better.

Regards

David