[Distutils] scripts versus console_scripts

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Sep 4 23:30:37 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-04, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

>> I verified that it doesn't work with zipped eggs.  Are there alternatives for
>> getting my hand on that listdir of EGG-INFO/scripts/* without unzipping the
>> egg?  Otherwise I'm in favour of just leaving zipped eggs be.
>
> Sure, use the zipfile module.

Hm. I tried it and it was remarkably painless to just get a list of the zipped
egg's contents.  So I got it working with zipped eggs, too :-)

There's one thing I couldn't find out: does the zipfile module report
filenames as slashes or does it use the OS's preference?  /me has no windows
around to test it on.  So there might be an OS inconsistency there.  Running
the tests on windows will uncover that, of course.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com