[Distutils] problem with http://nightly.ziade.org/distribute_setup.py

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:27:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

>> Because it's not the zc.buildout project. It's a project that creates
>> a zc.buildout
>> environment using distribute, like what virtualenv-distribute does with
>> virtualenv.
>
> *sigh*
>
> How many forks of how many projects do you want?

I am not forking anything. I don't plan to integrate Distribute in zc.buildout
right now.

As Jim said, and as I repeated, the only thing that could be possibly done in
zc.buildout is to make it compatible with any pre-requested distribution
(distribute/setuptools/etc).

I am just going to provide a script to make it easier for people to set up
distribute in a zc.buildout project.

That's just a bootstrap script....