[Distutils] setup.cfg new format proposal

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:42:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 02:52:17AM +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I agree that more background and motivational information would be
> >> very helpful, as would some real world examples. I know that >90%
> >> (maybe 99% :) of the packages I distribute don't adapt to their
> >> execution context (beyond what distutils does internally) or need
> >> anything but meta data.
>
> That's a first draft:
>
> http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/static-metadata-for-distutils/

Your example shows an empty setup() call but does not say which
package/module is supposed to be installed.

I'm confused now to how much you would like in setup.cfg.  Is the idea
to leave the package/module/extension module/scripts etc in setup.py?

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom