[Distutils] setup.cfg new format proposal

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 04:23:37 CEST 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 8:42 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> What use cases do we have?  There's the one described above, which
> lots of people have been talking about.  I think there's another one
> related to target Python version - eg, on Python 2.3, depend on
> simplejson, but on Python 2.6, don't.  What else?

Ok, so let's work backwards from use cases to tests to code.  Sounds
like something I heard once, somewhere...

Do we start by breaking  it down by:

	Python Version

	Platform

and drill down from there?

Seems to me, from there there are lots of details to handle but,
without those big chunks out of the way, there's really no way to
meaningfully discuss any further details.

Anyone have any more "big chunks?"