[Distutils] [buildout] recipes useful to setup a whole machine

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 23:11:37 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have a hair-brained notion of using a buildout to set up an entire
machine. Has anyone done this before? (Jim, didn't you say ZC do this a
lot?)

 From where I'm sitting, I'm looking for a few recipes:

- what's the best download & cmmi recipe out there?

- what's the best recipe for running other buildouts?

- is there a recipe available anywhere for installing/removing packages
using aptitude?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk