[Distutils] non-ascii characters in long description

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Sep 18 14:51:00 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-17, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:

>> You can register.patch post_to_server to pre-process all values in the
>> "data" argument, so they are
>> all in unicode, then call the real one.
>
> This sounds mysterious; I'll wait and look at Reinout's package in a
> while (assuming he choses to do this).

"register.patch distutils" doesn't give me a useful google result on the first
two pages, so I'm just going to stick with the SuperMagicString.

One hack or the other: this one works :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com