[Distutils] Distribute 0.6.2 - testing the release - help needed!

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Wed Sep 23 10:11:00 CEST 2009

Lennart Regebro kirjoitti:
> 2009/9/23 Alex Grönholm <alex.gronholm at nextday.fi>:
>
>> I'm talking about the changes that would add the three keyword arguments to
>> setup() (use_2to3 etc) so we wouldn't have to deal with two different APIs.
>> Such changes have not yet been committed to Tarek's repo. In my opinion,
>> 0.6.2 should not be released before this is done.
>>

> They have been commited, since a week, by Martin v Löwis. The push I
> did yesterday to rename them apparently didn't work. hg is still
> confusing me.
>
> I pushed again.

Yup, I see it now. It seems you accidentally created a new head two days
ago. Shame on me for not noticing that earlier (bitbucket visualizes
those things pretty well in the changesets view).

>> I just wanted to install distribute (and other packages as well) as non-root
>> so I wouldn't screw up the system in case something went badly wrong.
>>

> Quite understandable, but it seems that's not in 0.6.x, it doesn't
> show up under Linux either. Somebody else have to answer about this.

I know it's not in 0.6.x -- the question is, should it be added in
0.6.2, or in a future 0.6.x release, or left completely to 0.7?