[Distutils] Distribute 0.6.2 released

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 20:28:25 CEST 2009

Hello

On behalf of the Distribute team, I am very proud to announce the
release of Distribute 0.6.2.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.6.2

This release is the first release that is compatible with Python 3,
kudos to Martin von Löwis, Lennart Regebro and
Alex Grönholm and the ones I am missing, on this work ! (see the
contributors.txt file)

The next 0.6.3 release will focus on eliminating the remaining bugs
and continuing the stabilization
of Distribute, while we are actively working on a full refactoring in
the 0.7 series.

If you have any comment, feedback or if you want to contribute, please
drop a line in distutils-sig at python.org,
or in our bug tracker (http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issues)

* CHANGES *

    * Added Python 3 support. see docs/python3.txt This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/39.
    * Added option to run 2to3 automatically when installing on Python
3. This closes http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/31.
    * Fixed invalid usage of requirement.parse, that broke develop -d.
This closes http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue44.
    * Fixed script launcher for 64-bit Windows. This closes
http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue2.
    * KeyError when compiling extensions. This closes
http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue41.
    * Fixed bootstrap not working on Windows. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/49.
    * Fixed 2.6 dependencies. This closes
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/50.
    * Make sure setuptools is patched when running through
easy_install This closes http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue40.

Regards,
Tarek

--