[Distutils] bdist_deb in stdeb

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Sep 28 20:24:16 CEST 2009

Olof Bjarnason wrote:

>> Ok, the commands behave like makefile rules, once run they don't run again.
>> But there are still several issues here:
>>
>> Remember that I said that my goal with 'bdist_deb' was for users to have a
>> SINGLE command to generate a .deb.
>>
>> What needs to be achieved is for a command like this:
>> $ python setup.py  bdist_deb
>> OR
>> $ python setup.py  bdist_deb  --ignore-single-version-externally-managed
>>
>> to be possible.  'bdist_deb' would call sdist_dsc internally with the
>> necessary args WITHOUT having to explicitly put 'sdist_dsc' on the command
>> line.
>>

> This would be _exactly_ what I'm looking for :)

I know.  I've had many of my users requesting exactly the same thing as
well and I've been pursuing this for months now and when I got a
'bdist_deb' working with stdeb I knew I was getting close.  It just
needs a little more tweeking and I think we'll have it.  Let's wait and
see what Andrew says here.

Regards,
Gerry