[Distutils] Passing user and password to easy_install

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 18:15:47 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Simon de Vlieger <simon at ikanobori.jp> wrote:
> Luigi,
>
> I am not sure if using PyPi for private package distribution (what this
> equates to) would be
> a particularly nice idea. This way the PyPi would contain packages which
> cannot be installed
> by users of PyPi.
>
> Alas, I don't know of any ways distutils can fulfill your request in its
> current form.

Luigi, you might want to consider setting up a private package server
instead of using PyPI. Where I work, we publish our eggs internally
via an Apache server, so we are able to make use of Apache's security
features (like https, authentication, and IP restriction). This works
fine with setuptools and buildout, and will probably also work in
future with the new 'distribute' tools.