[Distutils] buildout usage : a setup steps needs access to an installed package

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 27 19:13:33 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM, CP Hennessy <cp.hennessy at openapp.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm relatively new to buildout so this may be a stupid question :)
>
> I'm trying to install nltk (Natural Language ToolKit) but it depends on
> PyYAML. So PyYAML is successfully installed as an egg before nltk.
>
> However nltk needs PyYAML during it's installation, but nltk does not have
> access to the PyYAML egg.
>
> How do I configure the buildout to give access to the PyYAML egg to the setup
> of nltk.

Does the setup.py include a setting for setup_requires that names
PyYAML.  I'm told that providing that option will make buildout handle
this situation.

(I've been meaning to add support for setup_requires to buildout, but
haven't yet, but I'm told it works anyway. Perhaps setuptools is
taking care of it for me. If so, thanks setuptools! :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton