[Distutils] [buildout] bug related to package name capitalisation

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 00:10:06 CEST 2010

Benji York wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> I guess my point is that, by way of being based on setuptools, buildout
>> already *is* case insensitive w.r.t. distribution names and the fact that
>> *only* version pinning *is* case sensitive ends up being a bug...
>
> I guess that might be construed as a bug.  Maybe.
>
> This makes me even happier that I always use allow-picked-versions =
> false.  It means that my versions section will always have the correctly
> capitalized names.

Yes, which is exactly how I bumped into this ;-)

See the example I gave; you end up having to specify the same package
with the same version but with all the capitalisation permutations in
order for the version pin to stick and allow-picked-versions* not to
kick the distribution out...

cheers,

Chris

*I use buildout-versions so as not to have to deal with the cycle of
pin, unpinned version kicked out, next unpinned version kicked out,
etc... buildout-versions tells me all the problems up front and even
keeps the versions.cfg file up to date for me ;-)

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk