[Distutils] Issue with Setuptools package name

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Aug 17 19:58:01 CEST 2010

At 08:37 AM 8/17/2010 -0500, Brad Allen wrote:
>I am not sure if this got lost in the shuffle, but Praveen said this
>problem only occurs if the package name begins with the string
>"build". The problem doesn't occur if the package is renamed to
>something else.

That's why I gave the instructions that I did.

The likely problem is that distutils is doing an exclusion on the
"build" directory -- but it uses the "build base" directory to
determine the exclusion, i.e.:

    self.filelist.exclude_pattern(None, prefix=build.build_base)

This means you can (probably) work around the issue by adding "build
-b btmp", so that the exclusion is applied to files beginning with
'btmp' instead of with 'build'.

Hence, the instructions you see below: