[Distutils] Buildout release news

Attila Oláh attilaolah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:38:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 17:22, Gary Poster <gary.poster at canonical.com> wrote:
> I intend to release zc.buildout 1.5.0 Monday, August 23.  I will merge the code from from svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/gary-betafix into trunk.

Is this the branch that Jim mentioned here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/429383/comments/2 ? I
still couldn't find a way to generate buildout scripts with excluding
the system site-packages.

Also, I had troubles with the following bug a while ago, that seems to
be fixed in 1.5.0b1 now:

- Installing a namespace package using a Python that already has a package
  in the same namespace (e.g., in the Python's site-packages) failed in
  some cases.  It is now handled correctly.

Is there a bootstrap.py file that can be used for early-testing of the
release that you're going to make in three days?

Attila