[Distutils] Buildout 1.5.0 and friends released (was Re: Buildout release news)

Attila Oláh attilaolah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 00:38:16 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 17:43, Gary Poster <gary.poster at canonical.com> wrote:
> I have merged the betafix branch to trunk and made the releases of zc.buildout 1.5.0, zc.recipe.egg 1.3.0, and z3c.recipe.scripts 1.0.0.

Here are some observations.

1. I had a line like this in my ~/.bashrc:

export PYTHONPATH="/home/aatiis/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/"

This was causing a "RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded"
when running "python bootstrap.py", with Python 2.[4567]. So I had to
remove this line; however, this issue seems to be related to the new
bootstrap.py file only, coming from
http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk/bootstrap/bootstrap.py

2. The recipe called "djangorecipe" has a weird issue. The cause seems
to be that it uses ``zc.buildout.easy_install.scripts`` instead of
``zc.buildout.easy_install.sitepackage_safe_scripts``. The generated
scripts have the following issue: Say I have PIL installed globally,
and the generated script will have the global one's project root
directory added to sys.path, instead of the one in the "eggs"
directory (there *is* a PIL in the "eggs" dir, though). Now, my
"./bin/django" looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/python2.6

import sys
sys.path[0:0] = [
    '/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/PIL',
]

Why is the "PIL" added to sys.path?

Regards,
Attila