[Distutils] Buildout release news

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Aug 24 13:33:55 CEST 2010

On 08/20/2010 05:22 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> I intend to release zc.buildout 1.5.0 Monday, August 23.

I used http://pypi.python.org/pypi/osc.recipe.sysegg/ to reliably grab
specific system python packages (PIL, matplotlib, etc).  That one is
broken with 1.5.0, as it cannot find PIL and friends anymore.

Using the
helps getting everything working (at least temporary).

osc.recipe.sysegg's problem is that a pkg_resources.require(egg) call
doesn't find any of the system eggs anymore.  Am I correct that that's
one of buildout's changes?  That the recipes are really totally isolated?

One thing I don't understand is why all my buildouts suddenly started
failing: I've pinned zc.buildout in all my buildouts.  Did the
couple-months-old bootstrap.py (so: no svn:externals!) somehow manage to
pull in a new buildout despite the version pin?

I had to go through a couple of projects to grab the 1.4 bootstrap.

Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Programmer at http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl
"Military engineers build missiles. Civil engineers build targets"