[Distutils] Buildout release news

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Aug 24 13:33:55 CEST 2010

On 08/20/2010 05:22 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> I intend to release zc.buildout 1.5.0 Monday, August 23.

I used http://pypi.python.org/pypi/osc.recipe.sysegg/ to reliably grab
specific system python packages (PIL, matplotlib, etc).  That one is
broken with 1.5.0, as it cannot find PIL and friends anymore.

Using the
http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/1.4/bootstrap/bootstrap.py
helps getting everything working (at least temporary).

osc.recipe.sysegg's problem is that a pkg_resources.require(egg) call
doesn't find any of the system eggs anymore.  Am I correct that that's
one of buildout's changes?  That the recipes are really totally isolated?

One thing I don't understand is why all my buildouts suddenly started
failing: I've pinned zc.buildout in all my buildouts.  Did the
couple-months-old bootstrap.py (so: no svn:externals!) somehow manage to
pull in a new buildout despite the version pin?

I had to go through a couple of projects to grab the 1.4 bootstrap.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Programmer at http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl