[Distutils] buildbot for buildout (again)

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:05:29 CEST 2010

Hello Jim,

JF> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> After the 1.5.0 I tried again to setup a buildbot (and on top of that
>> on *windows*) for buildout.
>> Good news is that the tests now work.
>> Bad news is that there are a hell lot of failures.
>> More bad news is that there are some failures even on linux (a local
>> ubuntu).
>>
>> Does anyone care about having a buildbot for buildout and fixing those
>> failures?

JF> Obviously, I want the tests to pass.  I'll wade in, if necessary after the
JF> dust settles from 1.5.

JF> I suspect that part of the problem may be that the tests tend to
JF> depend on how the python used to run them is configured.  I always ran
JF> them with a clean Python. Other people tended to run them with a Python
JF> that had setuptools or distribute installed, and changed the tests to make them
JF> pass in their environment -- and so on.  I'm going to take a fresh
JF> look at the way
JF> the tests are written and run to try to address this, among other things.

I think it would help a lot having the exact requirements for tests written
down. Or even maybe checking those in the tests's setUp?
There are some presumptions how it would work, but it's rather hard to
guess.

--
Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
What happens when you cut back the jungle? It recedes.