[Distutils] buildbot for buildout (again)

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:48:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

Yeah!
Having a clean system python helps a lot.

zc_buildout_dev py_254_win32
zc_buildout_dev py_265_win32
zc_buildout_dev py_270_win32
are all GREEN

zc_buildout_dev py_244_win32
zc_buildout_dev py_265_win64
zc_buildout_dev py_270_win64
have 1-1 failures.

I'll let the winbot now send mails about status to zope-test at zope.org

GP> On Aug 27, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

>> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> After the 1.5.0 I tried again to setup a buildbot (and on top of that
>>> on *windows*) for buildout.
>>> Good news is that the tests now work.
>>> Bad news is that there are a hell lot of failures.
>>> More bad news is that there are some failures even on linux (a local
>>> ubuntu).

GP> FWIW, tests passed for me on Ubuntu (Lucid) and Windows when I
GP> made a release, with Distribute and Setuptools, with a variety of Python versions.

>>> Does anyone care about having a buildbot for buildout and fixing those
>>> failures?
>>
>> Obviously, I want the tests to pass.  I'll wade in, if necessary after the
>> dust settles from 1.5.
>>
>> I suspect that part of the problem may be that the tests tend to
>> depend on how the python used to run them is configured.  I always ran
>> them with a clean Python.

GP> Definitely.  I contemplated trying to make it possible to develop
GP> buildout with a system Python, but that needs zc.recipe.testrunner
GP> upgraded to the new approach of generating scripts, maybe among other changes.

GP> And the initial setup necessary is to call dev.py, if that makes a difference.

GP> And there are some pre-existing tests that fail intermittently on Linux.  I didn't address these.

GP> Gary

>> Other people tended to run them with a Python
>> that had setuptools or distribute installed, and changed the tests to make them
>> pass in their environment -- and so on.  I'm going to take a fresh
>> look at the way
>> the tests are written and run to try to address this, among other things.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> --
>> Jim Fulton

Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
BOO!  We changed Coke again!  BLEAH!  BLEAH!