[Distutils] any way to stop buildout/setuptools compiling things that aren't python?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 19:17:45 CEST 2010

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>> The other option is to have the ZSyncer project treat these files as
>>> data files, so they
>>> don't get compiled
>> How do I do that?
>>
>> They're only being found by setuptools' include_package_data=True...
>
> http://docs.python.org/distutils/setupscript.html#installing-package-data

I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate by pasting this link in
reply...

I'm using setuptools include_package_data=True, if you're advocating
another approach:

- will it work on Python 2.6 and 2.5?
- what should I replace include_package_data=True with to get the effect
you're recommending?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk