[Distutils] Buildout release news

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Aug 30 22:16:05 CEST 2010

On 08/30/2010 09:06 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

> (Post-weekend, I think I can see how to adapt the recipe Reinout listed to work with an isolated buildout, given the current way 1.5 works.  I'd do the searching for eggs in a subprocess with the desired Python, and I suspect everything else would work out fine, with the added robustness of 1.5.0's general isolation.  Since the recipe has no tests in the tarball and Google doesn't show me the sourcecode, I'm not yet encouraged to give it a whirl, but could be.)

I mailed the author for something unrelated to this discussion about two
weeks ago.  I didn't hear anything back, yet.

- Author doesn't reply quickly (ok, it could be vacation time :-) )

- No findable source code.

=> Don't put (too much) effort into this.

Rewriting the recipe by doing the thing you suggest (subprocess with the
python buildout was started with) sounds doable.  Just install a couple
of explicitly searched-for packages from that system python as
development eggs or so.

That would give me what I want: "just use the installed debian package
for matplotlib and mapnik" for all parts in the buildout.

The subprocess hack sounds a bit dirty, though. It makes me feel like
I'm working around buildout.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org