[Distutils] setuptools: zip_safe as command line option ?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Wed Dec 8 17:34:04 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 09:52:15AM +0100, Martin Raspaud wrote:
> Is it possible to tell setuptools to not zip the egg when installing ? I can't
> seem to find any option regarding this in the command line help...

Setuptools has no command-line.

If you mean easy_install, it's -Z (--always-unzip).

If you use pip, I believe it does the sane thing and never zips.

I believe there's a config file to tell setuptools to never zip eggs; I
don't remember the specifics.  Have you tried google?

Marius Gedminas
--
Look!  Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.