[Distutils] zc.buildout fails to use system-installed dep?

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Fri Dec 10 14:37:28 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2010, at 01:42 PM, Brian Sutherland wrote:

[cut]

A new, interesting twist! A zc.buildout developer has answered to my
original ticket:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/685638

and suggested I took a look at another ticket he reported for Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/distribute/+bug/576434

Following the instruction of the latter I was able to use
zope.interface without an issue, even though __init__.py it's inside
it.

By the way: things are getting way, way too complicated. I can imagine
nobody has really a good grasp on what's going on "under the hood".
I'm looking forward to help with packaging tools before it's too late
:-)

--
Alan Franzoni