[Distutils] Buildout or distribute raise unnecessary version conflict?

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Fri Dec 17 17:15:44 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Benji York <benji at benjiyork.com> wrote:
> Fancier version resolution would be nice, however a library-like package
> (as opposed to an app) that requires one and only one version of a
> dependency is being antisocial.

Of course a version range is preferred, but whether it's a library or
an app, if I depend on a certain version might be a matter of
functionality. I think I've found many python packages and libraries
that don't work anymore simply because an upstream dep has changed.

I mean, if don't get a version conflict but then the app or lib does
not work, it's not a great win, don't you think so?

--
Alan Franzoni