[Distutils] PEP 376 -- new round

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Feb 5 10:26:57 CET 2010

On 02/05/2010 02:29 AM, P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 01:55 AM 2/5/2010 +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>> I think it's still useful, because it points the root packages that
>> can be removed
>> safely without breaking the system -- even if leaving orphaned
>> packages behind.
>>
>> Any opinion ?
>
> I think it's a good idea to have a way to tell what packages were *not*
> installed to satisfy dependencies.

Debian/ubuntu has a mechanism to clean up packages that were once
installed to satisfy dependencies but that aren't needed anymore.

The handiest course of action is probably looking up how they do it.
(/me doesn't know now it works internally, btw)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Programmer/advisor at http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl