[Distutils] upload size limit on pypi

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Fri Feb 19 16:55:56 CET 2010

Christopher Petrilli a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:34 AM, kiorky <kiorky at cryptelium.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello, i am again packaging some webapp as a paster template.
>> Now, it's turn to hudson to join minitage.paste.extras.
>>
>> The distribution will be around 50MB.
>>
>> What is the current distribution limit, and if lower, can we again
>> increase the size ?
>>

> This is just my view, but it seems like 50MB is awfully large to be
> uploading into PyPI. For example, Django is 5.4MB. If you have a bunch
> of 3rd party dependencies, like hudson, you really should be
> downloading those elsewhere, rather than wrapping up a bunch of 3rd
> party libraries in your own distribution.

Yes i know, but i am packaging them, and from the packager pov it's more
simple and i think the best way to to do as it is done right now.
There is no big files but a lot of files more or less large. Im not
dropping hudson as is but configuring things inside the exploded war
when you have asked the paster questions and making wrappers, init
scripts, logrotates & co around, it's a real integration.
I can upload them elsewhere of course but if it can be hosted on pypi i
would have prefered.

> Perhaps you could break down what you've got inside that 50MB and
> let's see what we can do to make it more manageable?
>
> Chris

Cordialement,
KiOrKY
GPG Key FingerPrint: 0x1A1194B7681112AF