[Distutils] how to use mr.developer?

}--o viktor.nagy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:44:33 CET 2010

hi,

I'm just experimenting with distutils, and would like to move my django apps
under it.
One of my apps uses django-sugar that should be checked out from github.

bin/buildout check out my django-sugar repo under src/, and creates an
egg-link under develop-eggs, but it's not added to sys.path for the bin/*
binaries.
Is there a simple way to do it? I've seen the extra_paths variable, but then
I still have to write each ${buildout:auto-checkout} line again.

this is my buildout.cfg file:

[buildout]
parts = python django-1.1
develop = .
eggs =
    django-contacts
    django-l10n
    django-registration
eggs-directory = /home/nagyv/.buildout/eggs
find-links = ${buildout:eggs-directory}
download-cache = /home/nagyv/.buildout/dlcache

extensions = mr.developer
sources = sources
auto-checkout =
    uni-form
    sugar

[python]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = python
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}

[django-1.1]
recipe = djangorecipe
version = 1.1.1
project = contacts
projectegg = contacts
settings = testsettings
test = contacts
testrunner = test-1.1
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}

[sources]
uni-form = git git://github.com/nagyv/django-uni-form.git
sugar = git git://github.com/nagyv/django-sugar.git

thanks for your help!
Viktor