[Distutils] RFC: Barely minimal CI + tests + packaging in Python WAS: Guidelines for where to put tests & how to package them

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:10:06 CET 2010

Thnx for your reply !

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 10:41 AM 2/25/2010 -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> PS: BTW, how could I trigger easy_install(ation) at a given point
>> while implementing a distutils command, and let the command perform
>> further actions if deps are installed correctly ?
> Setuptools' "Distribution" object has a method for fetching dependencies.
>  See setuptools' "test" command for an example.  (This doesn't install the
> dependencies globally, just drops eggs into the build directory.  But
> they're there and available to be reused for installation in a later phase,
> under normal circumstances.)

So this means that setuptools `test` command already retrieves dependencies ?

If so, then I shouldn't care about that, because I'd only need to
override `run_tests` method in order to do what I want to do (i.e. use
another test runner ;o)

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Support micro-seconds as added by Trac in revision 9210 for upcoming
0.12. Fixes the two inst...  -