[Distutils] test coverage for setuptools

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:06:13 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Where can I see test coverage results for setuptools package?
>>> I've got two tracebacks in last week after upgrading and that seems to
>>> be too much.
>>> I'd like to see if there are any tests for failing piece to see why
>>> they might fail before digging further.
>>
>> You can run "python setup.py test" on both Distribute and Setuptools. This will
>> use the test command and run all tests
>
> By test coverage results I mean publicly available reports about
> percentage of code covered by tests that were run by testing
> buildbots. See examples:
> http://www.eclipse.org/pde/pde-api-tools/coverage/20091126/eclemma.html
> http://eigenclass.org/static/rcov-sample-report/
> http://web.archive.org/web/20070403133248/http://seb.dbzteam.com/pub/urllib2.py.html

For Distribute I have my own but they are not public (yet). I don't
think Setuptools has any.

Although, It's easy to run your own using Coverage (see at pypi)

FYI, in Setuptools, the relevant parts (bdist_egg, easy_install,
package_index) of the code are not very well covered (around 20% in
average). There's a doctest for pkg_resources that does a better job.
Distribute is slightly higher.

If you are interested in having a public one, I can set if up for Distribute

Tarek