[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] packaging terminology confusion

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jan 8 16:35:39 CET 2010

On Jan 08, 2010, at 04:58 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>I read this as a -1 for changing PyPI to use "project".
>
>Still, support *for* renaming it is much wider, it seems.

I wish there was a humorous, ironic name for the service that is evocative of
the Python language's original conceit.  Something that at first glance says
"we should have lots of tasty morsels to offer here", then "oh, sorry, the
cat's eaten them".  The irony of course being that indeed we /do/ have lots of
delicious comestibles for peckish Pythonistas to consume.  Something much
catchier that can't be confused with a homonym for an entirely different
project in the Python world.

venezuelan-beaver-cheese-ly y'rs,
-Barry