[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] packaging terminology confusion

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:54:39 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:01, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> This is precisely what I meant to recommend: "Parcel" would be a good
> replacement word for the Python-specific meaning of "distribution".  I'm
> sorry if I was ambiguous and created confusion.

I think it sounds too much like a python-specific word, like "egg".
People would be lead to believe that "parcels" meant a particular
format. It would be a great name for a python specific package format
though, but I think eggs have got the mindshare there already. :)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64