[Distutils] mingw32 linker does not find the file lib_*.a

oekopez at gmx.de oekopez at gmx.de
Wed Jan 13 12:34:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I've got a problem using mingw32 (gcc 4.4.0) with distutils for my extension module.
The error message appears in the linking step:

g++: build\temp.win32-2.6\Release\.\cmf\cmf_core_src\lib_cmf_core.a: No such file or directory

Which is puzzling me, since lib_cmf_core.a should be build by --output-lib alongside to _cmf_core.pyd. Compiling with VS2008 works fine.
Christian K. posted the same problem 2 years ago in the thread "[Distutils] errors compiling c++ extensions with swig on windows" (my extension is wrapped by swig also) but never got an answer.
Does anybody know by now how to deal with this problem?

Philipp
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02